Re: [OT] Rosetta Stone language program on Linux?

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Scott Ferguson
<prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/01/12 07:16, Patrick Wiseman wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with a Rosetta Stone
>> language program on a Linux box, either the web-based or the DVD
>> program.  I want to (re)learn French, and most reviews suggest that
>> Rosetta Stone is the best.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Patrick
>>

> Have you even tried the Google thingie?:-
> http://www.google.com/search?q=rosetta+stone+linux
>
> The company that sells the product says it only runs on Windoof - so
> that leaves WINE. Rather than treat you as a total vegetable I'll let
> you look that up yourself:-
> http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1867

Back off on the attitude, dude.  At the product website, it says it
runs on Windows AND Mac OS X, which (you may or may not know) is UN*X
underneath, so there was at least a chance it might run on Linux,
depending on what format the DVD uses.  (And the audio is MP3.)

Thanks for the help, anyway.

Patrick