Re: Everything seems to cause a reboot

Hi All

I have tried a differnt keyboard (an USB and a different ps2) and makes no
difference to the problem, so I guess it is a graphics driver issue.

I have followed advice from all the very helpful people who have
responded.  I tried

apci=off

and

reboot=bios

and they make no difference.

If I turn off gdm and just boot into a text tty, Crtl-Alt-Fn works fine,
and the system shuts down and reboots nicely.  SO it _must_ be something
to do with the graphics/X.  So I guess they don't 'pass through' the key
sequences, but must reinterpret them at some level?

If it is a 'graphics driver' problem, how do I tackle that?  Is there a
more appropriate forum?  SHoudl I be going to X.org?

THanks AGain

Darren