Re: Strange Mouse and Desktop Behaviour with X

Steve Kreyer <steve.kreyer@web.de> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>some time ago I've encountered a strange thing: After login into X
>(doesn't matter if e.g. Gnome or Fluxbox is used) and start of some
>applications (e.g. Thunderbird, Firefox and Rhythmbox) the system can't
>handle the focus of the windows correctly anymore. For example the
>current used window which is in foreground doesn't react on left or
>right mouse clicks anymore. However changing to another window with
>alt-tab still seems to work, but then again the changed window doesn't
>seem to own the focus. After killing X two or three times after the very
>first login everything works ok for the rest of the uptime.
>
>Does anyone know about that? Any help on this issue would be very
>appreciated.

I have a similar problem after I run something like

xinput set-prop 'pointer:Lite-On Technology Corp. ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint' 'Evdev Wheel Emulation' 1 &
xinput set-prop 'pointer:Lite-On Technology Corp. ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint' 'Evdev Wheel Emulation Button' 2 &
xinput set-prop 'pointer:Lite-On Technology Corp. ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint' 'Evdev Wheel Emulation Axes' 6 7 4 5 &

in an xfce-terminal. The exact same lines are part of code that runs
on undocking my notebook via an ACPI event without any problems,
though, so I usually just suspend it once after every boot.

I have no idea what is the cause of the error, though.

Best regards,

Claudius
--
Don't feed the bats tonight.
Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5 D72CDBA4