Re: Iceweasel really slow

On 30/12/11 18:55, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On 28/12/11 10:36, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 28/12/11 19:48, Alan Chandler wrote:
>>> I am finding that Iceweasel seems to be really slow at times loading a
>>> web site.  Whilst it is being slow the user interface is locked solid. I
>>> am not talking the odd second - delays of 20/30 seconds are occuring.
<snipped>

>>> Anyone else seeing this issue
>>
>> Yes - on Iceweasel 9.0.1. last night. I was unable to reproduce it so I
>> put it down to update checking and made a note to sniff the traffic
>> should it happen again.
>>
>> Hasn't happened today, and I run a lot of extensions.
>> It only happened the once - felt like it was long running script.
>> I shut it down and restarted it, hasn't happened since.
>>
>> Just went to Slashdot and opened a dozen tabs in addition to the current
>> 7 open. No problems (lead story at least 5 days stale)
>> No problems with your site either.
>
> I am on version 9.0.1, but it hasn't got better for me.

Likewise - but still haven't had a repeat of the freezes. I have
compared it with v8.* and it feels quicker.

For reference here's a list of my enabled extensions and plug-ins on the
Iceweasel 9.0.1 machine:-
Plugins
Google Talk Plugin
Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator
Picasa
Skype Buttons for Kopete

Themes
Nuvola

Extensions
Adblock Plus
Add-on Compatibility Reporter
BugMeNot
cliget
Debian buttons
DownloadHelper
Dust-Me Selectors
Exif Viewer
Firebug
FireFTP
Flashblock
Google Plus Manager
Live HTTP headers
Nightly Tester Tools
NoScript
Page Speed
User Agent RG
VTzilla
W3Techs

NOTE: if you're running NoScript check you have the latest.

If you're running Adblock how many subscriptions? (I only run one). I
also have Iceweasel's cache disabled.

Given your experience I'm holding off on upgrading the standard builds
from 8.*

Cheers