Need help: Rebooted and now /dev/hdx are /dev/sdx

Greetings

I rebooted and all 3 of my IDE hard drives were recognized as SCSI drives. I did a shutdown -h, pulled the power cord for about a minute, and booted again and same thing. It looks like everything is mounted alright except for my swapspace. They (swap space) are all defined by UUID= and there were boot messages that it couldn't find them. I tried a swapon -a and got a message "cannot find the device for UUID=..."

Any ideas what is wrong and/or how to fix it? I am a little worried that something is going to get screwed up!

Thanks!
Dennis