Re: Fwd: Running kwrite with root privelige

Em 27-12-2011 12:49, Tony van der Hoff escreveu:
Bump this - Has anyone any suggestions, please?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Running kwrite with root privelige
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 13:46:29 +0000
From: Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Having done a bare-metal squeeze (KDE) reinstall after a major disk
screw-up, things are just about working as they used to. One weird
thing, however, which I fine seriously annoying:

I can call sudo dolphin, which works as expected, and gives me root
privs. From this point, I used to be able to double-click on a text file
to open it with root privs. I can no longer do so; the error message
being "KDEInit could not launch '/usr/bin/kwrite'."

I can call "sudo kwrite <file>"; thus have a work-round, but does anyone
know how to allow me to invoke it from dolphin?

Cheers, Tony
You should use gksu
Or gksudo
To launch applications with root in a graphical environment.

But it seems that either kwrite is not located under /usr/bin or your kdeinit is not properly configured. Or maybe the kwrite binary has the wrong permissions.

You can tell if kwrite is on the proper place and have the proper permissions by $ ls -l /usr/bin/kwrite It should print something like -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 686640 Fev 27 2011 /usr/bin/kwrite

If the -rwxr-xr-x part is not right you can chmod rx+a w+u /usr/bin/kwrite
If nothing appears, you should find the kwrite binary and put it on te proper place (or tell kdeinit to look where it is).