Re: disabling ipV6

On Mi, 28 dec 11, 11:35:26, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> Not sure that I understand what you mean by "bypass the router"; I
> don't use it for DNS directly, but packages have to pass through it.
> Perhaps I'm misinterpreting the symptoms of the problem.

Perhaps I have mis-diagnosed your problem. What DNS server is bind using
to resolve hostnames. Is it the router, the one(s) provided by the ISP
or some other service (Google, OpenDNS, etc.)?

If it is the router try switching to the one provided by your ISP or
8.8.8.8 (Google). Hint: you can usually find your ISPs DNS servers in
the router's status pages.

Hope this helps,
Andrei