Re: clamscan to check dos .exe files

On 27/12/11 18:20, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Scott:
>
>>> How do I scan dos .exe files w/ clamscan? Or it is impossible?
>>>
>>> I have downloaded a windos exe and want to try it w/ wine. But first
>>> I want to check it but clamscan seems does not scan it - in its
>>> statistics it shows zero data scanned.
>>>

>>> Thanks for Your time.
>>>

>> Have you run the updates?
>>
>> It should "just work". eg.:-
>
>> scott@work:~/.cxoffice/default/drive_c/Program Files/Internet Explorer$
>> clamscan iexplore.exe
>> iexplore.exe: OK

It will scan multimedia files (if you mean - for virus).

I don't think it does Data Loss Protection (structured) scans by default
though - check your settings.

By default heuristics and phishing scans is off. I don't know if flac is
capable of being used to download malicious code but you could alway
enable phishing scans and try piping the flac through clamscan.

Best ask those questions of clamav:-
http://www.clamav.net/lang/en/ml/

Cheers