Re: [OT] web email acct compromised

T o n g wrote:
On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 07:47:42 -0600, hvw59601 wrote:

Recently one of my Yahoo accts was compromised. Mail was sent all over
the place with nonsense, to LDU also.

[. . . ]

And how is an account compromised?

Looks like it's a growing trend to me. One of my friend was hit a while ago as well. Because she is not that tech savvy, I couldn't figure out how it actually happened either. Do you have any clue yourself?
<snip>
It's a seldomly used Yahoo! account. It happened once before also with a Yahoo! account. AFAIK never with gmail.

Hugo