Re: FETCHMAIL AND GMAIL?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: FETCHMAIL AND GMAIL?
- From: Freeman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 15:41:07 -0800
- Message-id: <20111224234107.GA14101@Deneb.office>
- Mail-followup-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <CAJcj-hKQ1bDBHo9oxbceRgiofiGaVE=LNKrFGJ6qXSLvZsuucw@mail.gmail.com> <20111220175110.GH3655@desktop> <20111220212638.GO3296@think.nuvreauspam> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:05:57PM +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:26:38 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Ma, 20 dec 11, 17:51:10, Brian wrote:
> >> On Tue 20 Dec 2011 at 18:24:19 +0100, Alex Padoly wrote:
> >> > How do you do to run fecthmail with gmail with POP3 protocol, I can't
> >> > it!
> >> > How do you do to write the file .fetcmailrc.
> >> This what I have as part of my ~/.fetchmailrc
> >> poll pop.googlemail.com proto pop3 service 995 user
> >> justforme password something_longish ssl
> > Just something that might not be obvious in Brian's example: the
> > username must always be your complete e-mail address.
> Yep. Mine looks like:
> poll imap.gmail.com protocol imap tracepolls:
> user 'firstname.lastname@example.org', with password '<hidden>', is walter here
> options ssl
> Obviously OP would need to change the server being polled to the POP3
> one, as well as the protocol (though the reason why people want to use
> POP3 when IMAP is available escapes me).
I had problems with fetchmail and gmail pop3. emails would start being
missed after undeleted emails hit about 600. By 1000 undeleted emails,
nothing was being downloaded. I don't remember if emails were being marked.
Fixed it by changing to IMAP.
"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the