Re: FETCHMAIL AND GMAIL?

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:26:38 +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Ma, 20 dec 11, 17:51:10, Brian wrote:
>> On Tue 20 Dec 2011 at 18:24:19 +0100, Alex Padoly wrote:
>>
>> > How do you do to run fecthmail with gmail with POP3 protocol, I can't
>> > it!
>> > How do you do to write the file .fetcmailrc.
>>
>> This what I have as part of my ~/.fetchmailrc
>>
>> poll     pop.googlemail.com proto    pop3 service  995 user
>> justforme password something_longish ssl
>
> Just something that might not be obvious in Brian's example: the
> username must always be your complete e-mail address.

Yep. Mine looks like:

poll imap.gmail.com protocol imap tracepolls:
user 'walterhurry@gmail.com', with password '<hidden>', is walter here
options ssl

Obviously OP would need to change the server being polled to the POP3
one, as well as the protocol (though the reason why people want to use
POP3 when IMAP is available escapes me).