Re: Fwd: Re: OT programming languages/ systems for advanced applications on Linux

On 2011-12-24 17:06:38 +0000, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> Yep, that's PERL for you. Having taken over the maintenance of a large
> PERL project, I've come to the conclusion that it's IMHO the worst
> programming language ever invented. Totally non-intuitive.

I completely disagree. It's a very powerful language, allowing you
to express things in very concise ways. In every language, you may
find unintuitive things (though that may be a bit subjective). For
instance, in C, a subtraction on integers may not give the same
result as the mathematical one (even when there is no overflow).
In python, you have this silly indentation rules. And so on.