Gnome 3 update makes PDFs open in inkscape

Hello all,

I recently pulled in the updates that brought Gnome 3.  Now, anytime I
try to open a PDF in iceweasel, they are opened with inkscape instead of
evince.  There's a bug filed on this problem (#613752), but it includes
no workaround.

gnome-control-center lets me specify preferred applications for only a
scant few things, but not PDFs.  Setting iceweasel's application/pdf to
/usr/bin/evince doesn't help.  I would be happy to remove inkscape, but
gnome and gnome-desktop-environment depend on it.

What is the right way around this?

Thanks,
Ross

PS - please keep my CCed, as I am not subscribed.  Thanks!