keyboard shortcuts file

Running Squeeze.

The default shortcut to open a terminal was Shift+c. This has been no
problem until today when typing a document, every time I tried to type a
cap c a terminal popped up. Tried to change it in the GUI shortcut menu
following the directions in Help with no luck. I wanted to use
Alt+ctrl+T (can't type cap c. See above)

What I would like to do
is manually edit the config file (assuming there is one) but can't find
it. Running a search turned up nothing useful nor can I find anything in
the Debian manual. If it's there and I missed it, please point it out.

Any help/pointers/derisive comments appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,