Re: RAID 1 - software or hardware.

I'd go for hardware RAID as long as there is a true and real hardware
RAID controller behind with a battery backup et al (in brief, a *good*
RAID controller, not the motherboard's one which are usually nothing but
fakeraid and a pile of unforeseen problems).

Otherwise I would use software RAID (md).

Aren't hardware RAID cards really expensive. I am just trying to get some form of redundancy. I wish linux has something similar to ZFS. The options in ZFS for data redundancy are just awesome.

I guess my best bet is to go with software RAID.

Thanks
Yudi