Re: what's the best media player ?

> As a default player i use gnome-mplayer.I recommend that you to use it.

>> I have a problem in using movie player, it's kinda of funny when open
>> some song with it, all the process just being killed and came to login
>> interface. (more like the new-started laptop without truely re-start).

Well, I don't know what moview player is, perhaps "mplayer" is what
has been referred?  BTW, "m" stands for media, if that is the case,
not movie, :-)

Now gnome-mplayer is not a player by its own.  It's just a front end
to mplayer.  And mplayer has different front ends, like KDE ones, GTK+
ones, etc.

To watch video I've been using mplayer for quiet a while, and I've
found no reason to change.  Even when VLC came on board, I just kept
with mplayer with no regret.  Regarding a front end, gnome-player is
what I use given it's the one installed for the gecko plugin, and
besides it works well.

For audio I'm afraid I prefer MPD with mpc, ncmpc, and gmpc as client
front ends, for most of the stuff (including listenning to streaming).
 And for local audio listening I prefer just MOC.  Alsaplayer
sometimes comes in handy as well...

I'm not sure if one alone media player fits all purposes, :-)

At any rate, there's bunch of information about media players on the web...

--
Javier.