Re: New kernel version availability.

On Sb, 17 dec 11, 01:28:59, Sthu Deus wrote:

> How do I find out if there is a new version of linux kernel package is
> available? - I mean, having 3.1 installed, to know that 3.2 is
> available?

Beside Camaleón's suggestion, aptitude keeps track of "new"[1] packages.

You can show the list with 'aptitude search ~N' and clear it with
'aptitude forget-new'. In interactive mode new packages have a dedicated
section.

[1] "new" for aptitude means new packages that are available since your
last 'update'. This might happen because packages have been added to
repositories you are tracking or just because you added new repositories
to sources.list.

Kind regards,
Andrei