Upgrade from stable to testing problem

Hi all,

some weeks ago I made a fresh instrallation on a notebook with debian/stable.

Well, then I started a aptitiude full-upgrade, but it did not work. I found
out, the reason for it, was, that the installed version of tar could not
unpack the packages of debian/testing.

I could fix this, by copying the binary of tar from another debian/testing-
machine to the stable machine with rsync.

However, that is why I mention this:

- the debian/testing-package of tar could not be installed, as it could not be
unpacked by the installed tar binary

- tar should be updated in debian/stable before the next major release,
otherwise many people might get a lot of problems during the next upgrade.

I just wanted to mention this "bug", maybe some people might be interested in
it. Thank you very much for reading this.

Hans