Re: To detect proccess sending netpackets.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 01:41, Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank You for Your time and answer, Kelly:

<snip>

> The problem is it does not tell me anything - being run under root
> (sudo). This is all I get:
>
> netstat --inet -ap -n
>
> Active Internet connections (servers and established)
>
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
> State       PID/Program name

Odd. Do you get unix sockets listed if you leave off "--inet"

> OK. But how I can find the processes IDs?

I would ps -ef and look for something that looks like a bittorrent
client or server. Or see if something like "lsof -i" works.

> For I have closed all the user's network app.s - still the machine
> connects to Internet - sends queries to DNS, bittorrent - while the
> user does not ask for it any more.
>
> So, I gonna find out who does all this work.

Some bittorrent process is running in the background it
sounds like.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers