[SOLVED] Re: How to key Esperanto characters

Cousin Stanley wrote:

> Doug wrote:

>> The answer is to set up your Compose key.
>
>   The following link might help
>   to learn how to set up the Compose key ....
>
>       http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/ComposeKey

Many thanks for your help. I set the Right-Win key in the KDE
System Settings->Input Devices->Keyboard window and copied the
file /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF8/Compose to ~/.XCompose,
logged out and in again. Used
   xfontsel -print
to print onto an Xterm the name of a ISO10646 font and then pasted
the name into the KMenuEdit window for UXterm. That is, the
command for the uxterm was
   uxterm -fn -misc-etc-10646-1
I can now compose Esperanto characters in the Xterm using the
Right Win key. Here are all the Esperanto characters keyed into
kwrite:
ĉĝĥĵŝŭ ĈĜĤĴŜŬ
So that problem is solved.

Thank you all, list, for your help.