Re: How to key Esperanto characters

On 12/11/2011 5:41 PM, Dr Sian Mountbatten wrote:
I have downloaded Aurora from the Mozilla web-site using the
Esperanto version. When setting the preferences, aurora wants to
use `elshutadoj' but it uses the Esperanto s-kun-capelo.

How do I key Esperanto accented letters in KDE?

There have been a number of questions about foreign characters and how to type them. The answer is to set up your Compose key. Then Compose plus (usually) a 2 character combination will produce all the European accented characters and symbols, as well
as money symbols, some fractions, and a couple of other things.

hôtel señor façade Straße Löwe è € £ ¢ ¼ µ ¿

The combinations are, for the most part, intuitive. Some are just the same letter
twice, as is the upside-down ? or the ess-tset.

This works in your word processor, your email, and even the CLI.

There's an equivalent for Windows, a freebie called All-Chars, which also uses a Compose key, which in both instances, you can choose for yourself. I like the right Ctrl key, but if you have a Win keyboard, a lot of folks use the right Win key.

--doug