Re: New laptop with Linux preinstalled

Christofer C. Bell wrote:
On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 8:01 PM, doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net
<mailto:dmcgarrett@optonline.net>> wrote:

    On 12/09/2011 06:37 PM, Walter Hurry wrote:

        Labelling the partitions sensibly is probably a better plan.

    OK, I'll bite.  How do you label the partitions?  I was under the
    impression
    that they would have to be called / or /home or /boot, and so on.

    --doug

Here's the section on working with volume labels from the Linux
Partition HOWTO:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Partition/#volumelabels

Everything you need to know is there. :-)
--
Chris

Thank you. Answered questions of longstanding and some questions that I didn't know I should have been asking.