Re: Wheezy: Iceweasel: Bank login fails with "Skype buttons for kopete" plugin disabled

On Thu, 08 Dec 2011, Camaleón wrote:
> > I struggled with this problem for a while and was able to identify it to
> > the "pluginreg.dat" file in my profile and then to the enabled/disabled
> > state of the "Skype buttons" plugin. If the plugin enabled then I can
> > log in, if it's disabled then I can't.
>
> Very weird, indeed.
>
> I neither see a direct link between a plugin and the login process. I
> know a plugin can slow down the whole browser navigation a lot but what
> would this has to do with the login step? :-?

Is the bank fingerprinting your browser?  Call their support line as the
error message says, they will not know what kopete is, but they will know if
browser plugin config changes invalidates some signature, and how to reset
that signature.

  Henrique Holschuh