Re: configuring Streamzap remote on Wheezy

On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 09:41:07PM -0500, Rob Owens wrote:
> Modules for the Streamzap remote are included in Wheezy's kernel, so I
> don't need to install lirc in order to use it.  Problem is, I don't know
> how to configure the buttons now.  Do I do it in xorg.conf?

I got it working.  I still needed lirc.  Here's what I did.

lircd.conf:
cp /usr/share/lirc/remotes/devinput/lircd.conf.devinput /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

hardware.conf:
specify DRIVER="devinput"
specify DEVICE="/dev/input/by-id/usb-Streamzap__Inc._Streamzap_Remote_Control-event-if00"
(make sure to choose the correct file in /dev/input/by-id/)

Create ~/.lircrc
In my case, I edited an existing .lircrc.  Make sure that the "remote"
name in ~/.lircrc and /etc/lircd.conf match.  My original .lircrc
specified "streamzap" and the new lircd.conf specified "devinput", so I
had to fix that.

-Rob