Re: Wheezy X broken ?

Le 05/12/2011 20:25, Andrei Popescu a écrit :
On Lu, 05 dec 11, 19:31:47, rudu wrote:
Hello,
After my last upgrade&  reboot, my wheezy refused to fire up gdm3/kdm.
All I have is a black console offering a login.
I saw that nvidia was upgraded to a 290 something version so I
removed all the nvidia* packages to let nouveau take its place.
Make sure to 'purge' not 'remove' nvidia stuff.

$ grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log
[    96.019] (II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
[    96.021] (EE) Failed to load module "nouveau" (module does not exist, 0)
This would indicate xserver-xorg-video-nouveau is not installed.

Hope this helps,
Andrei
It helped a lot, thank you very much Andrei !
Indeed, as soon as I installed xserver-xorg-video-nouveau, gdm3 was back and I'm now typing in gnome3, in fallback mode though ...
But that's a start.

Again, thanks a lot.
Jean-Marc