Re: Are Web-API packages need to be in the 'main' repo ?

> And I'm not saying that this kind of things shouldn't be discussed, on the
> contrary, I'd keep tracking any application that is susceptible of
> changing its mind. Also, CC'ing to "debian-legal" could be a good idea.

Thanks. I have contacted debian-legal.

And no, acting after those web APIs break is a bad idea.

It is the same as depending on a non-free library. In the future more
packages will start depend on non-free web API, and a single change by
non-free provider will wipe out a major chunk of Debian. It will be
very costly then. Look what happened with xBSD family -- they were
locked out of the market for 3 years due to legal battle, and had to
rewrite major chunk of OS.
So we must act before bad things happen.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"