Re: iceweasel fills in my textareas

On Sun, 04 Dec 2011 07:42:03 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> In a recent upgrade (last day or two) iceweasel suddenly started filling
> in empty text areas with text from a previous visit to the web site.
> This appears to be to be potentially disasterous when I am filling in a
> new form - with the possibility of accidentally submitting what I did
> last time.
>
> I've noticed it when asking a question on Stack Overflow, I noticed
> again just now when filling in a bug report on my home network using BT
> Mantis.

Wow... very useful (when reporting bugs, for instance) but also
dangerous, indeed.

Does it happen for every site with html forms having a textarea or input
fields or just happen in one specific site (e.g., Stack Overflow)? It can
be a programming or coding "addon" for that concrete site...

> Does anyone know a way of turning this behaviour off.

I don't think this can be a "feature" at all. Should it is, it should be
disabled by default.

Anyway, as I always remove all of the cache data, cookies and history
when browser closes I can't really tell if this (this → remember user's
filled data and auto-restore it without user intervention) is the
"normal" behavior.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón