Re: can't enter into gnome interface / Re: Issues since upgrading testing 2011-Nov-29

On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 08:54 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> again, if I try to boot the Debian's kernel 2.6.39-2-amd64 I get a black
> screen instead of the GDM3 login screen. If I boot a self build kernel
> 2.6.39.1 I get the screen, but mouse and keyboard aren't working. When
> booting recovery mode, text mode, no X, the keyboard is working. I
> upgraded and switched to KDM, but the mouse and keyboard aren't working
> for KDM too.
I run on my laptop Gnome3 on kernel 3.1 and with the NVidia 290.10
driver with no problem. The kernel is from Debian, the NVidia driver
from NVidia. The installation of the driver is just a matter of running
the install file with "export
CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.6;./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-290.10.run" (make the file
runnable or use sh to start it).

Running my desktop with the Radeon driver however is problematically at
least. Sigh.

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld