Re: Gimp acting strangely

On 11/29/2011 01:16 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:
I try and run gimp and it silently exits.

I have tried completely uninstalling it and re-installing it, but that doesn't help.

The only related thing that might have caused it is that I have removed a lot of gnome libraries having just switched over the kde. But I would have thought they would have come up as unsatisfied dependancies and been reinstalled if gimp needed them. Any one any clues as to what might be going on.

I am on Sid.

I would try running gimp from the command line rather than from a Desktop icon; you'll get more informative messages that way.

I would try running it as a different user. If it works for that user, the problem is somewhere in your user directory. If it doesn't work for that user, the problem is somewhere in the global gimp install/setup.

--
Kent West<*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com