Fwd: pdftk and version 1.3 of pdf

Hey all (sorry if this double posts, but I tried to post this earlier with pdf attachments but that didnt go through to the list)

I have been scanning some documents as pdf's, then bursting the document using pdftk, and this worked fine on the older version (I think v 1.44-1) of pdftk but after upgrading to v 1.44-4 when I burst a version 1.3 pdf file I get empty pages, but if I use pdf2ps and then ps2pdf (creating a version 1.4 pdf file) the pdftk burst works fine.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong,  The original pdf file is created by scanning papers in a Konica Minolta C350 photo copy machine.

Examples are at ojs.klaki.net/original.pdf, ojs.klaki.net/burst1.pdf and ojs.klaki.net/burst2.pdf. The files burst1.pdf and burst2.pdf are the resulst of bursting file original.pdf and they seem to contain some data but evince can't view it and neither can acrobat reader.

Command used is pdftk filename burst

Tia

Oli