Re: Upgrading from Lenny to Squeeze

On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:21:58 -0500 (EST), Marc Shapiro wrote:

> Well, I just rebooted again, and things are better, but still not quite
> right.
>
> This problem has NOT gone away.  I can use 'noresume' but I should not
> have to and it seems that it would be best not to, so that all power
> saving routines will work properly.

The syntax of your /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume file is incorrect,
if your previous post is accurate.

(1) Change /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume to say

   RESUME=UUID=xxx...

instead of

   UUID=xxx...

(2) Edit /etc/lilo.conf to eliminate the "noresume" option.

(3) Issue the command (as root of course)

   update-initramfs -uk $(uname -r)

This will update your initial RAM file system with the updated copy of
/etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume and should also run lilo.  If
update-initramfs does not run lilo after updating the initial RAM file
system, then run it manually and let me know that it didn't
run automatically; so we can investigate the cause of that problem.
Then reboot.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :