Re: Brightness after screensaver start - genome 3

On Sun, 27 Nov 2011 08:56:32 -0200, Marcelo Luiz de Laia wrote:

> After a few time screensaver start and lock my notebook screen. When I
> unlosck it, I need to manually set the screen Brightness with Fn + Up
> arrow.
>
> In gnome 2 the Brightness was setted automatically after unlock screen.
>
> What I need to do to get my screen Brightness adjusted automatically
> after unlock screen?
>
> I have a Dell Latitude D630 with Debian Testing.

It works fine for me when I manually force a screen lock (I have an intel
card) but there is at least one report opened for Ubuntu for a similar
issue:

LCD brightness NOT restored upon returning from screen lock in GNOME shell
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/883550

I would report it at Debian BTS.

Anyway, I also lose the last value I have set for the LCD brightness
after I reboot the system.

> If I choose Fn + Left arrow keys I see a Brightness symbol with a
> prohibited symbol!

The brightness can be also defined from system configuration / screen.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón