Re: Chromium in Sid not working

Stephen Allen wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Stephen Allen wrote:
> > > I don't use the Debian Chromium as it's too old.
> >
> > I think you must be thinking of the Chromium in Stable Squeeze which
> > released with version 6.  That isn't the one under discussion.  Stable
> > is stable and so that one won't be changing by intent.
>
> Browsers should be updated as they can be quite volatile. Therefore
> a fast moving target.

Obviously by all of my postings about mozilla.debian.net I am in
complete agreement with you.  However others disagreed and darn them
they pushed the browsers into Testing and Stable anyway.  Let's simply
agree to ignore them.  It would be much better if those were in the
squeeze-updates section aka the old volatile section.  You should
become a DD yourself and then work to move the browsers to those
sections.

All of that is a completely different topic from Stable Squeeze being
a security release only archive until the next major Stable Wheezy
release.  Stable means stable.  Thrashing there is very bad.  That is
incompatible with our view of the current browser situation.  Let's
not lobby for making changes to the stable archive.  That is what the
squeeze-updates section is for.

Bob