Re: Can't write to external usb drive as normal user despite efforts

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 08:47:12 -0800, keitho wrote:

> I have an external usb drive on which I have a fat32 formatted
> partition. I can't figure out how to mount it so that I can write to it
> as a normal user.

(...)

You need to set the right perms for the mounted partition, either
manually or by letting the automounter facility (if there is any
available) does its job, for example:

mount -t vfat -o uid=keith,gid=keith,utf8,umask=0000 /dev/sda4 /usb

Greetings,

--
Camaleón