Re: Chromium in Sid not working

David Bruce wrote:
> I have two Sid systems (one amd64, one 32-bit intel) and Chromium is
> currently unusable in both - all attempted pages display "Aw, Snap",
> even content on same machine.  There appears to be a bug on this:

> but I get the sense that the maintainer isn't having the problem.  Is
> anyone else using Chromium having this trouble, and is a fixed version
> likely to appear soon?

I am definitely having that bug crash.  It appears sticky.  Either you
have it or you don't.  Therefore it is probably interacting with other
packages installed such that memory is set up "just so" and it either
works or crashes.  But people have been actively working on the
problem very recently.  But working on it isn't the same as actually
having found the problem.  The root cause has been elusive.

The best workaround is to stick at version 14 for now.  If you have
already updated then using --no-sandbox is a workaround allowing it to
function with all of the bad things associated with not having the
sandbox between tabs.  But no other browser has that sandbox between
tabs so if you are comfortable running, say, epiphany then you should
be comfortable running chromium without it too.  It would be better if
it were understood and fixed but no one has been able to get to root
cause of the bug yet.

Bob