Re: Unknown HZ value! (92) Assume 100.

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 22:18:01 +0000, Brian wrote:

> On Thu 24 Nov 2011 at 18:52:59 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> Ancient Greeks went to Oracle at Delphi to get answers. Now we have
>> Google ;-)
>
> King Laius would have benefitted from a good dose of skeptism too. :)

If his majesty Laius would had the option of doing a Google search, he
had found his own article (and so what the future reserved for him...)
written at the "Olympuspedia" :-P

>> I'm afraid the rootkit is not distribution specific.
>>
>> I would run a deep scan with the mentioned tool (rkhunter) to be sure.
>
> Whatever the doubtful merits of rkhunter (and its partner chkrootkit)
> there isn't a lot to be said for installing and running an intrusion
> detection program on a system which is suspected of being compromised.

The analysis can be run offline, from a LiveCD.

> The OP used DirectAdmin. So are we dealing with stable, testing or
> unstable? Or none of these? The compilation may simply have produced a
> buggy program or two.

Yes, ensuring the binary package is not corrupted would neither hurt. In
fact, I would do all of the tests we already have mentioned, just in case.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón