Re: missing user app gnome3

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 23:10:26 +0000, Richard wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:45:07 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:35:22 +0000, Richard wrote:
>>
>> > In the gnome applications>sytem tools>adin there used to be a gui for
>> > editing groups and users. I no longer have it, what was it called so
>> > IU can put it back, I need to add a couple of groups and add myself
>> > to a few. Else its back to CLI for it. TIA
>>
>> Hum... it's under Activities → Applications →  System tools → Users and
>> Groups.
>>

> I'm stuck on fallback

Oh, then let me re-login within the fallback mode... okay, now is located
under "GNOME menu → System tools → Administration → Users and Groups" :-)

> until either ATI sort out the crap fglrx module that is unstable with
> kernel 3, or I buy a nvidia graphics card, and the later is getting
> closer.

Hum... can you please refresh my memory and tell what was the problem
with the radeon driver? Nowadays, this has to be the best alternative for
most ATI users :-?

> I maybe able to use the radeonHD module, but if installed, xorg is
> uninstalled. Not sure if I can uninstall when its running and reinstall
> immediatly.

RadeonHD is going to be deprecated, IIRC. Plain "radeon" driver is the
way to go.

> nasty dependency loop,  and yes I know playing with sid can have strange
> effects :)

And people complains about nvidia and their closed source drivers. It's
okay, but I'm selfish enough to prefer a proprietary driver that works
than something else (being open source or not) that doesn't :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón