Re: Latest iceweasel - package kept back

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 21:26:47 -0500
Andrew Reid <reidac@bellatlantic.net> wrote:

Hello Andrew,

>   You need to specify the backport repo in order to get the
> dependencies to work, I think.

Dunno about Rob, but I'd already done that.  Trying to upgrade Iceweasel
fails due to the fact xulrunner isn't going to be installed (from the
report via synaptic). Okay, I'll do that by hand.  Select xulrunner for
upgrade to v8 (from backports) which also indicates libmozjs8d will be
installed.  Click okay, and xulrunner is then listed as broken package.
So, a no go on the upgrade.   :-(

--
 Regards  _
I'll tell you something, I think that you should know