Re: Canonscan Lide 110 - anyone used this?

Den 23. nov. 2011 17:54, skrev Michel Blankleder:
On Wednesday, November 23, 2011 18:10:24 Anthony Campbell wrote:
I need to replace my Epson Perfection 1650 which has died after many
years of faithful service. I have ordered a Canonscan Lide 110, which is
said to be fully supported by the sane page, using the genesys driver.
In my Sid installation there is an entry for the 110 in
/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf.

So it _ought_ to work, but I have come across posts in other lists
(ubuntu) where people report failure. So I have got cold feet about it
and am wondering if I ought to return it unopened. Hence my question:
has anyone used this model successfully (or not)?

AC
I doesn't use scanners very often but I used that scanner once.
At fist time, I thought that it will be a problem but for my surprise the only
thing that I needed to do was edit the /etc/default/saned to start the daemon
and then acquire the image with Gwenview.
It worked like a charm with:

I've got a scanner that says lide 110 on the top, and it performs to my expectations under gentoo linux with media-gfx/sane-backends-1.0.22-r2 . Support was not in stable gentoo when I got the scanner, so I had to use a development version of the drivers until about half a year ago (I think ). The buttons don't work, but that goes for several (most) usb scanners I believe (don't take my word for that).

 sane-find-scanner -v reports:
---
This is sane-find-scanner from sane-backends 1.0.22

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1909 [CanoScan], chip=GL124) at libusb:001:003 # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
done
---
scanimage -L says:

device `genesys:libusb:001:003' is a Canon LiDE 110 flatbed scanner
---