Canonscan Lide 110 - anyone used this?

I need to replace my Epson Perfection 1650 which has died after many
years of faithful service. I have ordered a Canonscan Lide 110, which is
said to be fully supported by the sane page, using the genesys driver.
In my Sid installation there is an entry for the 110 in
/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf.

So it _ought_ to work, but I have come across posts in other lists
(ubuntu) where people report failure. So I have got cold feet about it
and am wondering if I ought to return it unopened. Hence my question:
has anyone used this model successfully (or not)?

AC
--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk