Re: blacklist.conf renamed

Bob Proulx wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Running Sid. I just notices that /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf is
renamed to blacklist.conf.dpkg-bak.
The date says:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  658 Nov 14 06:01 blacklist.conf.dpkg-bak

On that date I only installed lsof.
Any insights?
I copied the file to blacklist.conf again.

Look at /usr/share/doc/udev/changelog.Debian.gz where it says:

  * Removed /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf because all the drivers are
    not built on Debian kernels.

The change was intentional.  But I do not know the rationale.  You
could contact the maintainer and ask.

Good show! Yup, udev changed but I did not check the changelog.
One of the things I blacklist is the k10temp module that messes up my sensor display, how I noticed that blacklist.conf was gone.
Thanks.

Hugo