Re: VLC missing sound

Apparently yet another pulseaudio error.  If I am not much mistaken the
debian espeakup distribution I have working on this system uses alsa
rather than pulseaudio which may be why it  works.  If some sound didn't
work in my case, I'd not have Linux working at all since I need speech
synthesis to take the place of what comes up on the screen.
It may be possible to get your system working as it is, but if so I
don't know how.  If your system will not work, it's time to install
reportbug and file a bug with that program against pulseaudio not vlc.

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011, Porcia Silvia wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 08:00:01 +0100
> Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
>
> > Please run the following script and see if you still don't get sound.
> > Cut here:
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > # file: treasuretrove.sh - play treasure-trove stream with vlc script
> > vlc http://lin2.ash.fast-serv.com:9022
> >
> > If that script doesn't work you could try:
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> > # file: folkalley.sh - play folk music stream with vlc
> > vlc http://www.folkalley.com/folkalley.pls
>

> Can you make anything of this:
>
> vlc http://lin2.ash.fast-serv.com:9022
> VLC media player 1.1.12 The Luggage (revision exported)
> Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
> Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
> [0x79d120] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to
> use vlc without interface. Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
> Blocked: call to setenv("_PX_CONFIG_ORDER", "", 1)
> [0x95e6d0] access_http access: Raw-audio server found, mp3 demuxer selected
> [0x7f88a0013360] pulse audio output error: cannot connect to server:
> Connection refused
>

> vlc http://www.folkalley.com/folkalley.pls
> VLC media player 1.1.12 The Luggage (revision exported)
> Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
> Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
> [0x102b120] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc'
> to use vlc without interface. Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
> Blocked: call to setenv("_PX_CONFIG_ORDER", "", 1)
> [0x125ede0] es demux error: cannot peek

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>