Re: best lenovo laptop for debian(i need opinion)

* tadziu <tadziu23@gmail.com> [111122 19:33]:
> it was great laptop and i was to buy new one made by lenovo but
> someone told me that quality of that machines is now past.
> anyway i've never worked on new thinkpads so i can't really
> tell is that true.
>
> i'd also like to buy new laptop but i'm looking for a indestructible
> piece of hardware.

Now and then over the past year, Fry's Electronics has put the Lenovo
G570 on sale for US$250.  At this price, if you drop the machine or if
it is stolen, your only great concern is data security.  Debian
installs and runs on the G570, and WiFi and Ethernet work.

The Lenovo appears to have better engineering regarding cooling than
is the case with most laptops.  The fan is very quiet and does not run
much.

On the models I have seen opened up, the drive mounting is
well-designed and rugged, and the drive can be swapped out by the user
quickly and with little risk of damage to the machine.

The local utility companies use the Panasonic "Toughbook".  One
employee told me that he had used the same machine for several years,
and that the machine had survived a fall of about five feet to the
street.

RH