Re : Re : Make WiFi work.

> De : Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>
>>  It seems you're rong since this driver is not reported to be supported
> in squeeze (requires linux > 3.0, etc.).
>>  Wiki's explaination are valid only for wheezy.  Hence, a squeeze user
> must use testing and unstable repositories to get fresher packages, this
> procedure is not described on the wiki.
>
> Ah, you are running squeeze.
> But I see no reason that the wiki procedure can't be followed for squeeze:
>
> 1. Install firmware-realtek, unzip and wireless-tools for squeeze
> 2. wget
> ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dwa130_revC/Drivers/dwa130_revC_drivers_linux_006.zip
> 3. unzip dwa130_revC_drivers_linux_006.zip
> 4. su
>    mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/firmware/RTL8192U
>    cp rtl8192u_linux_2.6.0006.1031.2008/firmware/RTL8192U/*
> /usr/local/lib/firmware/RTL8192U
>
> That copies the firmware. Then a reboot should load r8192e_pci, or modprobe it.
>
> No dependency in wheezy.

Sorry, my explaination where funded on the assumption that, as far as I experienced, it is not possible to successfully load a module into the kernel (without triggering a magic number mismatch) when it was compiled from a different source tree, that is surely the case.  So I might missed something recently...?

Note that package firmware-realtek (with support for RTL8191SE, v>0.31) is available from squeeze-backports too, so Paul could use aptitude to get it, this seems more clean and sustainable.

Nicolas