Re: Recent GNOME3 update - think notification dialog causing x lockup

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 09:35:38 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I just did my normal sid update (every few days I do one of these) and
> today I seem to have hit a problem.  My screen locks solid, and input
> (mouse or keyboard) no longer has any affect.  Screen updates (such as
> the clock) continue.

If you can still access via ssh then it can be X what is freezing.

> I originally thought this was when I tried to print something, but it
> also happened mid way through icedove trying to put up a dialog box to
> ask me whether to go to a new folder, when I tried to "go to next unread
> message".  This makes me think that the print problem is when it tries
> to display the dialog box asking me which printer to use.
>
> This is Gnome3.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have not experienced such locks in wheezy, but I would try to reproduce
it from a clean user profile or even from a fallback session, to discard
a "gnome-shell" specific problem.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón