Re: Xfce: GIMP as default PDF viewer ?

On 2011-11-17, Jerome BENOIT <g6299304p@rezozer.net> wrote:

> As I can not does that from evince itself, I did it from the File Manager: so far it works.
>
> Is there a way to set it system wise rather than per user ?

What I found after googling for five seconds:

   You can create /usr/share/applications/defaults.list with the following;

   [Default Applications]
   application/pdf=evince.desktop

   Or append "application/pdf=evince.desktop" if defaults.list already
   exists.

   There is a per user defaults.list in ~/.local/share/applications as
   well, which XFCE edits directly when you right click and change the
   handling application.

HTH.