Re: [OT] NPR not working

On 2011-11-17, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> However since yesterday (16 Nov. 2011) it no longer works. The
> "buffering" green popup stays on but the sound never shows up.

Their "Media Player" hangs at buffering.

> Am I the only one to see this? Suggestions?

I guess not.  Suggestion, try:

 Alternate formats:
 Windows Media Player | MP3 (WinAmp, iTunes, etc.)

I clicked on mp3 in chrome, it downloaded the pls file, and now I'm
listening to Regis Philbin (ain't he dead yet?) with mplayer.

> Their FAQ said to clear NPR cookies and clear the cache, which makes no
> difference.
>
> Other flash sites work ok.

You don't have to use their flashy thingy.