Re: Openoffice.org - has it been replaced by LibreOffice?

On Wednesday 16 November 2011 8:37:52 am Sian Mountbatten wrote:

> I should like to try OpenOffice.org, but its packages all say they
> have been repackaged as LibreOffice. So what has happened to
> OpenOffice.org? Who has decided that we've all got to use LibreOffice?

My understanding  today:

If you have been using OO previously in Debian, it was actually Go-Office.
Debian, Novell and maybe some others, took the OO code and enhanced it.

Libreoffice is the Go-Office 'fork' moving forward, officially severing ties with
Oracle,. Free to make code contributions etc.
--
Peace,

Greg