Re: dmraid on debian 6 problem

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 11:46:50 -0300, Alejandro Arcos wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm chief information system at Viacart S.A.

Hi, remember to turn off html when posting, it's hard to read your
message with text based e-mail clients.

> We have a project with debian, and install debian 6 with dmraid on:
>
> Micro XEON X3430
> Mother Intel S3420GPC server
> Ram 8 Gb Kingston
> two hard disc WD SATA3

Why dmraid? Have you considered another (better/most suitable) options
for your hardware?

> Debian not recognize SWAP partition in a matrix controller setup in RAID
> 1

I would open a bug report but maybe more information is needed. When
happens so, at install time or afterwards? Are you seeing any errors (in
debug console -at the installation stage- or at logs -if the error
happens once the installation is complete-)?

> We proof in other old hard with the same problem !!!!
>
> With Lenny works fine, now we have upgrade to sqeeze

Lenny will be supported still for a few months, so maybe you can delay
the upgrade until wheezy is out and you will have a longer support period
(~2 years).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón