Re: checkrestart and dovecot

Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> >>These processes do not seem to have an associated init script to
> >>restart them:
> >>dovecot-imapd:
> >>         18981   /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
> >>         14795   /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
>
> Yes, but I've stopped and restarted dovecot.  New processes *later*
> come up as flagged by checkrestart as using old versions of upgraded
> files. So, something is still getting old files somehow..... with no
> further system changes whatsoever

Hmm...  <idea>  Stop the service.  Double check that the above listed
PIDs are not running.  If they are still running after having been
stopped then that is definitely one problem.  Kill those PIDs and then
start the service back up again.  File a bug that stopping the service
did not clean up all of the running processes. </idea>

Bob